SUNY Broome continues to follow all SUNY, public health, and state guidelines for the COVID-19 pandemic. As you prepare for the Fall 2021 semester, please familiarize yourself with our current COVID guidance for all students:
- Stay Connected: For SUNY Broome’s most current COVID guidelines and recommendations, visit our COVID-19 Information webpage.
- Vaccination Requirement: Per the Pfizer vaccine receiving FDA approval, all students with an on campus presence at SUNY Broome are required to be vaccinated. Please see below for information regarding this mandate:
- Submit proof of vaccination on the SUNY Vaccination Verification site. Anyone vaccinated outside of New York State will need to upload a copy of their vaccination card. All students are required to complete this process.
- Any students that are not vaccinated have 35 days to complete the vaccination requirement. Anyone that does not complete a vaccination series by September 27, 2021 will be deregistered or will be required to complete their classes online (if available).
- All vaccines recognized by the WHO are acceptable per SUNY guidance. The list of recognized vaccines at this time are: Pfizer, Moderna, Jannsen (J&J), Serum, and Astazeneca.
Unvaccinated Commuter Students: Please submit an attestation form that you have or will complete one of the following before arriving on campus at the start of the semester:
Submit proof of a negative test taken within five (5) days prior to arriving on campus. Submit test results by email to EOC@sunybroome.edu
Quarantine for at least ten (10) days prior to arriving on campus
Required Weekly Pool Testing: 100% of our population will be tested the first week of classes. Vaccinated individuals are then required to be tested every other week while unvaccinated individuals are required to be tested weekly. Further information about this process will be provided at a later date.
Masking Requirements: Masks are required inside all campus buildings regardless of vaccination status. Unvaccinated individuals are required to wear a mask at all times on campus. This requirement will be in effect until further notice.
If you have questions, please contact EOC@sunybroome.edu