Culinary and Event Center
The following work has been completed or is on-going in the new addition:
- Brick work is nearing completion on the East exterior wall. Stone work to begin next week.
- Electrical and mechanical rough-in work is 100% complete.
- Metal studs and gypsum board walls/soffits are complete.
- Underground utility work (water/sanitary) has been completed.
- New permanent gas service has been installed.
- Epoxy floors in the teaching kitchens have been installed. Equipment installation will follow.
- Toilet partitions have been installed.
- Rooftop equipment connections are nearing completion (testing on-going).
- Glass curtain wall installation has started.
- Interior wood and FRP door installation has started.
- Acoustic ceiling installation continues.
- Data wiring has started.
- Dock equipment and the overhead door have been installed.
The following work has been completed or is on-going in the Carnegie Library itself:
- Interior painting and woodwork refinishing (windows, handrails, trim, etc.) continues.
- Wood floor sanding and refinishing has started.
- Terrazzo floor restoration and wood base installation has started.
- Roof repair work is underway
Based on pay applications through August, the project is approximately 89% complete. Please reference the attached project Contingency Tracking sheet for additional information.
Other Notable On-Campus Design/Construction and Other Activities
- The AT Boiler replacement project has been completed.
- Work has begun on the Campus Wide Doors Repair and Replacement project (Marchuska).
- We are awaiting bids for the Decker/Student Center roofing project.
- The Ice Center Cooling Tower coil has been replaced. Ice was installed before Aug. 23, so there was no lost ice time.
- Work will soon begin on the Campus Loop Road pavement rehabilitation project.
- The campus wide strategic “space utilization” consultant (Sightlines) study will commence next week.
- The “get start” meeting for the Decker Health Sciences Center re-engineering was held last week.
- Design continues for the Music Department renovations.
- A study to evaluate the need for permanent generators, temporary generators, dual transformers and temporary transformers on campus is on-going.
If anyone has any questions, please contact David Ligeikis at (607) 765-9710