- This event has passed.
Webinar: Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASDs)
March 28 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Increase Retention, Graduation and Employment Outcomes by Meeting Their Unique Needs
While growing numbers of autistic individuals are attending college, they are less likely to graduate than their neurotypical peers. Students with neurodiversity often require additional support, resources and considerations inside and outside of the classroom to successfully engage and persist. Today’s campus professionals and faculty members can form successful relationships with autistic students if they have the tools they need to identify, engage and support them in ways that positively impact their college and career success.
Join our expert presenter on Monday, March 28, 2022, and in just 90 minutes, you and your staff will be able to increase the success of your students with autism spectrum disorders through engagement, retention and employment efforts that meet their unique academic and career needs.
As a result of this online training, participants will be able to:
- Create an environment that utilizes inclusive communication practices and a campus climate that honors neurodiversity – foster an inclusive environment that is supportive of each students’ unique learning needs.
- Develop strategies for training faculty and staff to identify skills gaps that impact readiness and retention for students with autism spectrum disorders – reduce your students’ frustration, increased stress and miscommunication to ensure they develop the necessary skills needed to be successful both in and out of the classroom.
- Understand the challenges related to career readiness for students with autism spectrum disorders and the changing landscape in employment opportunities – develop creative coping and success strategies for helping students navigate the job search process and adjust to a professional work environment.
- Foster effective relationships with autistic students and uphold your institution’s mission – incorporate current enhanced programming to increase success, ensure inclusive communication practices and create ways to make the college experience work for all students.
What’s Included When You Register for a PaperClip Webinar:
- Great Value. Invite your entire team for one low price.
- Specific Feedback. Get your questions answered during the Q&A session.
- Materials for Your Team. Handouts and discussion questions are provided to further your training.
- Convenient Access. Log in online and stream the 90-minute live event.
- On-Demand Viewing. After the live webinar, the event recording and all accompanying materials are available for future trainings and viewing.
- Certificate of Completion. Each participant may claim their certificate after the live event or after viewing the on-demand recording.
Your Expert Presenter:
Laurie Ackles currently serves as the Director for the Spectrum Support Program (SSP) at Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, NY.
Participation in this webinar is sponsored by Professional Development; if you would like to participate, please Register Online, a remote link to the live webinar will be emailed to you. We have a limited number of remote links; if we have more registrants than links, we will host an in-person viewing of the webinar on campus at that time.
Submitted by: Professional Development