Hello and Hola Broome Students! (Faculty–please share this with your students)
We are happy to announce that applications are now up on our website for a unique study opportunity with Mexico. Students will apply now to be selected for an Anthropology class on Storytelling and Heritage in Spring 2023. That class will meet weekly via Zoom with students in Mexico studying English.
A grant from the Mary Street Jenkins Foundation / 100,000 Strong in the Americas will fund 5-7 days of travel (airfare and hotel) to Queretaro, Mexico and will bring our partners here as well.
If you are interested in applying for this program, please apply on line with the Story Telling and Heritage Mexico application form.
For full consideration, please apply by Tuesday, October 25, 2022.
- Applications should be submitted online.
- You will need to write a short 1-2 statement of interest, which will be uploaded on the application form. Word and PDFs are the easiest to read.
- You will need two letters of recommendation. You should upload those with your application, so please request that your recommenders send letters directly to you in a Word or PDF file. Recommenders should comment on your ability to benefit from and contribute to this program, and highlight your strengths as they see them.
- Students will be invited to interview.
- Valid passports and visas do take time to acquire. Contact us if you have any questions or concerns. If you are not a US citizen or permanent resident, you may find information about your ability to visit with or without visas at Visas to Mexico
If you have any further questions about the process, or questions about the program, please let us know.
We are looking forward to seeing your applications!
Submitted by: Kathleen McKenna