SUNY’s Annual Chancellor’s Award for Student Excellence nomination process is now open.
This annual award is SUNY Broome’s opportunity to identify, honor and recognize some of our outstanding Hornets. The Chancellor’s award is considered the highest honor that is bestowed upon a student by the State University of New York.
The Chancellor’s Awards for Student Excellence will be offered in two categories:
- First, the General Award with special achievement in at least three of the following areas: Academic Excellence, Leadership, Campus Involvement, Community Service, or the Arts.
- Second, the Special Awards, which will be bestowed to ONE student system-wide in each of the following categories: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion; Special Service (Mental Health); and Overcoming the Odds. The Special Award will also be bestowed on up to FIVE students system-wide honoring each branch of the military.
Campus Nomination Eligibility and Process:
- Only students graduating with a degree between June 2021 and May 2022 can be considered.
- General Award Nominations are intended to recognize excellence in one’s collegiate journey where evidence of achievements can be found in at least three of the following areas: Academics, Leadership, Campus Involvement, Community Service, or the Arts (creative or performing).
- Special Award Nominations are intended to recognize commitment and contributions in one of the following categories: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Military, Special Service (Mental Health), or Overcoming the Odds.
Campus Nomination Process:
Any SUNY Broome faculty or staff may nominate a student, or a student may self-nominate by completing the Chancellor’s Award for Student Excellence: 2021-2022 Nomination Form.
Completed Nomination Forms must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 7, 2022.
A Chancellor’s Award for Student Excellence committee of campus representatives, including students, will review each nomination and select ONE nominee who will be recommended to SUNY as finalist in the General Award category and ONE nominee who will be recommended to SUNY as a finalist for the Special Award.
The same student can be nominated for a general and special award.
Campus nominations are due January 31, 2021. Submit nominations to Kim Perkoski at email@example.com.
Only completed forms will be reviewed.
Successful candidates will be invited to the Capital District for an award ceremony and reception on Tuesday, April 26, 2022. Students will be encouraged to have their parents or guests (2 total) join them for this special occasion.
NOTE: If you are interested in reviewing the applications and assisting with the selection of our outstanding students, please email Kim Perkoski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitted by: Carol Ross Scott