Congratulations to SUNY Broome faculty, staff and students who received the prestigious SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Excellence this year.
- Assistant Professor Erin O’Hara-Leslie, chair of Medical Assisting and Health Studies, who received the Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Faculty Service
- Associate Professor of Biology Melissa Glenn, who received the Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Assistant Director of Administrative Information Systems Scot Beekman and Coordinator for Professional Development Jamie Heron-Starr, who received the Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Professional Service
- The Teaching Resource Center’s Deena Price, who received the Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Classified Service
- Instructor Ed Evans of SUNY Broome’s Communications and Media Arts program, who won the Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Adjunct Teaching
- Students Steven Burnette, Richard Connolly, Kellie Harrison and Chandler Prouty, who won the Chancellor’s Award for Student Excellence.
“It is a great honor to recognize SUNY Broome’s Chancellor’s Award winners,” said SUNY Broome President Kevin E. Drumm. “The talent and dedication of our faculty and staff is one of our greatest assets, and so crucial to our mission as a community college. Congratulations to all of our winners.”
“The Chancellor’s Award for Excellence is our way of saying ‘thank you’ to the many faculty across our university system who have gone above and beyond as they educate, mentor, and conduct research alongside our students, as well as the staff whose service to SUNY is of the highest caliber,” said SUNY Chancellor Nancy L. Zimpher. “It is an honor to recognize excellent work across the SUNY system. Congratulations to all of this year’s recipients.”