SUNY Broome Community College is proud to announce that seven members of the college’s faculty and staff are among the recipients of the prestigious SUNY Chancellor’s Awards.
- Professor Harold Trimm: Chancellor’s Award for Faculty Service
- Donna Rehak: Chancellor’s Awards for Professional Service
- Carine Surdey: Chancellor’s Awards for Professional Service
- Daniel Brennan: Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence in Teaching
- Tracy Curtis: Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence in Teaching
- Jane Hlopko: Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence in Teaching
- Sharon Eldridge: Chancellor’s Awards for Classified Service.
“That so many of our faculty and staff have achieved this recognition of excellence among all our SUNY peers statewide is indicative of the great work done at SUNY Broome, ” said SUNY Broome President, Dr. Kevin Drumm. “We are so proud of our seven exemplars and congratulate all of them.”
The Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence are presented annually to faculty and staff in six categories: Faculty Service, Librarianship, Professional Service, Scholarship and Creative Activities, Teaching, and Classified Service.
“Faculty and staff who receive the Chancellor’s Award for Excellence have served their students, fellow faculty and staff, campuses and communities with the utmost distinction,” said SUNY Chancellor Nancy L. Zimpher. “It is a great honor to be able to recognize these seven individuals at SUNY Broome Community College.
The honor provides system-wide recognition for consistently superior professional achievement and encourages the ongoing pursuit of excellence. Through these awards, SUNY publicly proclaims its pride in the accomplishment and personal dedication of its instructional faculty, librarians, and staff across its 64 campuses and System Administration.