The new Capital Facilities Improvement Project Request Form process is now in place. Any and all projects (which exceed $5,000) should be identified through this process, and NOT the Maintenance /Custodial Request Form process. Thank you.
CALICE ADVANCED MANUFACTURING CENTER
The Grand Opening/Ribbon Cutting was held on October 16, 2018, and was a tremendous success; many very positive comments were received and there was much community support. Thank you to the Foundation, MarCom, Facilities and all other involved staff in making the event so successful.
CULINARY AND EVENTS CENTER
- Plaster remediation work (which includes the stripping of lead paint) is nearing completion (only work around the grand stairway remains).
- Augercast piles (for the new addition) and micro piles (in the basement) have been completed.
- Framing of soffits and walls continues.
- Insulating continues with temporary heaters having been installed.
- New electric service has been brought into the building from Exchange Street.
- HVAC ductwork is being fabricated.
- Floor leveling has begun.
- Door and hardware coordination is underway.
OTHER ON-CAMPUS CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES
- A new tile floor was installed in the main entrance way (Circulation Area) in the Learning Resource Center (Library)
- Painting of the Titchener exterior continues (with the eastern and northern entrances remaining).
- Repair of the Men’s locker room floor in the Student Center is on going.
- Repair of the damaged wall at the Campus Services loading dock has been completed. We are awaiting delivery of the bumpers and door seal for installation.
- Our maintenance vehicles are being prepped for the upcoming winter months.
As always, if anyone has any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact David Ligeikis at 607 765-9710.