We are happy to announce that the Blackboard 1-2-3 Online Workshop offered by the Teaching Resource Center has recently been updated and revamped to give faculty more flexibility in receiving the training they need… when they need it. It also provides a fast-track training path for those who wish to receive Blackboard Shells for their face-to-face course sections!
Whether you are looking to supplement your face-to-face course section with a Blackboard component or teach a fully online or blended course, the Blackboard 1-2-3 Online Workshop has what you need. The workshop is now broken up into two “sessions”:
Session 1 will focus on the basic information and skills all faculty will need in order to use Blackboard in their instruction. Those who wish to utilize Blackboard in their face-to-face courses, need only complete Session 1. After completing Session 1, you will be able to:
- Upload your syllabus and lecture materials so that your students can access them outside of class time
- Provide announcements and reminders to keep your students on track
- Link to online resources that supplement what you do in the classroom
- Use the Blackboard Grade Center to post student grades
- Backup, copy, and enable your course to students
Session 2 will dive into the more advanced aspects of the Blackboard Learning Management System and is required (in addition to Session 1) for those teaching online or blended courses in Blackboard or for those face-to-face instructors who want to take their Blackboard course shell to the next level. Session 2 will cover the following topics:
- The basics of online pedagogy
- Designing, creating and managing effective online discussions
- Effectively utilizing the Blackboard assignment dropbox and checking student work for plagiarism
- Developing and delivering online tests and quizzes and applying test options intended to minimize cheating
- Grading student work online and participating in your course as a student
If you would like to register, please use the Professional Development link (REGISTER HERE) and select “Blackboard 1-2-3 Online Workshop” after entering your personal information. You can leave the date and time blank as the online training is self-paced, and registrations are taken continuously.
Please note: If you have completed the Blackboard 1-2-3 training in the past, you have been automatically upgraded to the new version. There is no need to re-register or complete the activities unless you would like a refresher. You will see the training listed in your MyCourses area on your main Blackboard Homepage. It is named “2019 Blackboard 1-2-3 Online Workshop.” Feel free to peruse the modules as they contain several new resources and instructional documents!
If you have questions regarding this training or about using Blackboard, please contact email@example.com.
Tags: professional development