Are you planning to take a NYS Physical Ability Test and want to practice, learn how to properly do push-ups and sit-ups, or find out where you currently stand on the NYS Cooper Standards Test?
Do you want to improve your confidence, participate in some exercise fun, and enjoy the outdoors?
Join us for the following two events (attend either, or both):
- Mock Physical Ability Test* Thursday, April 28 1:30 pm Baldwin Gym (SUNY Broome campus**)
*push-ups, sit-ups, 1 ½ mile run per the NYS Cooper Standards
**Participants must adhere to SUNY Broome’s COVID-19 requirements
- Confidence Course* Thursday, May 5 1:30 pm Collaborative Confidence Course **
*Outdoor obstacle course – bug/tick spray is recommended
**Entrance is outside, directly across from the Broome County Sheriff’s Department (up the hill from SUNY Broome)
Join the Criminal Justice & Emergency Services Department, Physical Education & Sport Studies Department, Broome County Sheriff’s Department, Regional Law Enforcement Recruits, and SUNY Broome Office of Public Safety for either or both events and challenge yourself!
- These events are open to all current SUNY Broome students and employees (law enforcement recruits will be participating as well).
- Photo identification will be required. Participants will be required to sign waiver forms prior to participation in the events (waivers will be provided at the start of both events).
- No need to pre-register – please arrive at 1:30 pm for both events.
- Appropriate attire, water, and a towel is recommended for both events.
- Both events will be held rain or shine.
Additional information about the NYS Physical Ability Test can be seen on the Broome County Sheriff’s Physical Fitness Test Video.
Submitted by: Kerry Weber