Common Problems Students Face in College
College is academically challenging
Debt… Tuition costs, daily living expense, rent, car,… life it adds up… Spreading Yourself Too Thin. To afford the high price of college tuition, many students must get jobs.
They may experience … Homesickness. … Depression. … Sickness/Health Conditions. … Social Problems.
… Partying…. Relationships….Choosing a career path
Does any of this sound familiar? You are not alone. These are common among college students- whether you are a first time student or returning after many years- this is life.
Counseling Services can help- Call +1 (607) 778-5210 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or check us out at Counseling Services to schedule an appointment with one of our trained professionals.
Mindfulness Monday out of the Counseling Corner:
For some, the absence of visual stimuli can feel stifling. After all, a healthy imagination does not come naturally to everyone.The activity of Mindful Seeing may be helpful to anyone who identifies with this. It is a simple exercise, requiring only a window with some kind of a view.
It is easy to do by following these steps:
- Step 1: find a space at a window where there are sights to be seen outside;
- Step 2: look at everything there is to see. Avoid labeling and categorizing what you see outside the window; instead of thinking “bird” or “stop sign,” try to notice the colors, the patterns, or the textures;
- Step 3: pay attention to the movement of the grass or leaves in the breeze. Notice the many different shapes present in this small segment of the world you can see. Try to see the world outside the window from the perspective of someone unfamiliar with these sights;
- Step 4: be observant, but not critical. Be aware, but not fixated;
- Step 5: if you become distracted, gently pull your mind away from those thoughts and notice a color or shape again to put you back in the right frame of mind.
Practice this for 5 minutes a day this week. Practicing mindfulness activities and being present, letting your mind pause for a few moments each day can help combat issues that you may be experiencing around : Spreading Yourself Too Thin.Homesickness. Depression. Sickness/Health Conditions. Social Problems. Relationship issues, etc.
Counseling Services can help- Call +1 (607) 778-5210 or email us at email@example.com, or check us out at Counseling Services to schedule an appointment with one of our trained professionals
Tags: counseling corner