The Campus-Wide Convocation Committee Invites You to Become a Convocation Teaching Faculty Scholar for Convocation 2022 and join your teaching faculty colleagues from all over campus. Note that details regarding the Spring 2022 Convocation speaker and themes follows at the bottom of this announcement and on the 2022 Convocation website.
Please read over the 2022 Convocation website details. It will provide you with the following:
- Fast Facts for Convocation Day 2022
- Registration for Convocation Teaching Faculty Scholars
- Suggested Readings/Films
- Bio of Columbia University political scientist and peace-builder and our Convocation Day Keynote speaker, Dr. Severine Autesserre
Convocation Teaching Faculty Scholar Program
When you register at Convocation Faculty Scholar Registration all you need to let us know is your name, title, academic department, academic division and what scholarly activities you are planning for your students around the themes of Convocation. (See more about Convocation’s 2022 speaker).
Faculty who participated in the Convocation Institute (CI) to be held on Wednesday January 19/26, 2022 from 10:00 am – Noon, live and via Zoom, do not need to register again as a Convocation Faculty Scholar. Priority for a copy of a Convocation Day-related book and registration for the CI will be giving to teaching faculty with plans to require their students to attend Convocation Day.
The CI will focus on discussing The Frontlines of Peace: An Insider’s Guide to Changing the World by Severine Autesserre. Be sure to register as soon as possible in order to receive a copy of the book.
We will acknowledge and thank our new teaching faculty scholars with a certificate of appointment as well as inclusion in our publicized list of Convocation Faculty Scholars at our website. Note that over 80 teaching faculty enrolled as Convocation Faculty Scholars at our last live Convocation Day.
Campus-Wide Convocation Day Committee Members
- Professor I.J. Byrnes (Chair)
- Dr. Virginia Shirley, Liberal Arts Division
- Dr. Robert Congdon, Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics Division
- Librarian, Dr. Amanda Hollister, Library
- Professor Gian Roma, Business and Professional Studies Division
- Professor Carla Michalak, Liberal Arts Division
- Devin Audette, Student Assembly
Submitted by: Irene Byrnes