Are you registered to vote? Yes, No or Not Sure?
The following information will answer your questions and get you ready for November 8, 2022!
- Are you registered to vote? Check here to register to vote or check your Registration Status. If you still need to register, the deadline for this Election is October 14! Once you are at the website, you can choose the icons labeled Register to Vote or Check Voter Registration Status.
- If you cannot vote in person, then you can vote by Absentee Ballot. In NYS you must submit a request for an absentee ballot (basically an application) and provide a reason for not being able to vote at your poll location on Election Day.
- Visit this website for more information and the application form for an absentee ballot. Complete and return to your county Board of Elections (BOE).
- Upon approval of your application, the BOE will send you an absentee ballot with instructions on how to complete and return. Pay careful attention to the directions. If you do not fill out the ballot correctly, it could be disqualified.
- The deadline for the postmarked return of an absentee ballot is November 8th, for the General Election.
You cannot drop off an absentee ballot from another county at a polling place in Broome County.
Would you like voting reminders? Text VOTENY to 474747
- The League of Women Voters of NYS that will send out updates and voting reminders.
Do you want to learn more about candidates on the 2022 Ballot? Go to www.Vote411.org
- A service of the League of Women Voters U.S. Vote 411 provides information on who is running in your area and what the candidate positions are on various issues.
- Broome County Board of Election