I want to commend you for hanging in there and making the commitment to this semester, despite the challenges and additional stress that COVID-19 has brought to our lives.
Spring Break will take place as scheduled, April 13-17. I hope that you will find a little time to relax and recharge in preparation for the last four weeks of the spring semester.
Our SUNY Broome faculty have converted their courses to a distant format. Since this had to be done quickly, you may be experiencing a variety of different teaching and communication methods and styles. Please stay in touch with your faculty, so they can continue to support you:
- Sign in to your Blackboard courses
- Participate in any individual and/or group activities that you have been assigned
- Submit your work according to the directions provided
- Reach out to your faculty member through Blackboard or through the contact information that they provided you
- Seek support from our student support team (see below)
- Request help through Starfish
The SUNY Broome Student Support Services are also eager to help you successfully complete the semester. Currently, all student support offices remain open for students to access services. In light of the current health risks associated with COVID-19 (coronavirus), various student support service offices have suspended in-person appointments and events and transitioned to fully remote/online, but the same services are available. Please check the website for more information: http://www3.sunybroome.edu/coronavirus/students/
Stay well and keep in touch! We are here for you!
Dr. Penny Haynes
Vice President for Academic Affairs