Mechanical Building (Calice Advanced Manufacturing Center) Project
A Certificate of Occupancy was issued on Monday, August 20, 2018, reoccupation of the building started on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 and classes began as scheduled on Monday, August 27, 2018. Punch list items are currently being completed. The grand opening (ribbon cutting) is scheduled for Tuesday, October 16, 2018.
Carnegie Culinary Arts Project
• Plaster remediation work (which includes the stripping of lead paint) continues.
• Miscellaneous selective wood flooring removals are underway.
• Miscellaneous masonry infills are underway at certain wall openings.
• A test micropile (underpinning pile) was installed, cured and load tested.
• An augercast pile (new addition) was installed and will be load tested after curing.
• An area of existing wood floor was refinished as a “sample” for review.
• Below slab piping is underway in the basement with a plumbing inspection scheduled with the City of Binghamton.
• The first shipment of new windows is expected to arrive in early October.
Other Notable On-Campus Design/Construction Activities
• Reconstruction of the eastern Titchener Hall entrance (stairway) has been completed.
• Projects are currently being developed for the following work on campus:
• The main entrance (Circulation Area) in the Learning Resource Center (Library) will be refurbished (new flooring, paint and carpet runners).
• A masonry repair project which will include work at four locations including the Decker eastern wall, Wales planter repair, Business outdoor café and Titchener main entrance.
• A sidewalk installation/repair contract at four locations including the BC Center, the Calice Center, the Ice Center and the Business Building (a new sidewalk).
• Repair of the loading dock at Campus Services including repair and reinforcement of the damaged dock wall, new bumpers and door seal.
• Interior and exterior signing for the new Calice Advanced Manufacturing Center.
• Replacement of the Titchener bollard lighting at the main entrance.
9/11/18 – Prepared by David Ligeikis, Interim Director of Campus Operations