Construction Agreements for the four prime contractors are currently being developed. The Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessment (required for the tax financing closing) is also in development by McFarland-Johnson Engineering.
Mechanical Building (Calice Advanced Manufacturing Center) Project
Construction of the Calice Advanced Manufacturing Center continues with the following major work accomplished since our last update:
• We have reviewed the first draft of furniture layout (designed by DASNY) for the Calice Center including the Atrium/Connector area where we intend to provide a “coffee shop” type atmosphere.
• Window installation is nearing completion.
• Masonry work for the new elevator has broken through the first floor.
• Ceiling grid work and interior lighting installation continues.
• Tile work in the bathrooms continues.
• Slab preparation (sub base work) continues for the radiant floor installation in the Atrium/Connector.
Other Notable Campus Construction Activities
• A Civil War-era map has been mounted and lighted in the first floor corridor in Titchener.
• We are developing a space management plan for the Old Science Building in anticipation of the reopening and reoccupation of the Calice Center.
• Repair/reconstruction of the rest room facilities in the second floor Women’s Locker Room in the Student Center has been completed. Additional reconstruction work in the shower area and ceilings will follow.
• We continue to meet to discuss/finalize a plan for the upgrading/rework of our Campus Services Building to better support and enhance our Music Program.
3/8/18 – Prepared by David Ligeikis, Interim Director of Campus Operations 2.3.1