The SUNY Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is offering a Diversity Abroad Honors Scholarship and we want to nominate YOU!
Please review the requirements below and the attached scholarship documents. Applications can be filled out in the Study Abroad Office, Wales Center – 204A. If you have questions, contact Study Abroad at 607-778-5030.
The deadline to submit applications is March 8, 2019, at 5 p.m.
Diversity Abroad Honors Scholarship Requirements
- Students will be enrolled in a degree program with a declared major.
- Transfer students will become eligible to study abroad during the second semester of enrollment.
- The minimum GPA requirement is a 3.0 for the scholarship nomination; recipients may be enrolled in less than full-time status, provided they continue to meet campus definition of continuing success.
- Leadership, community service and extracurricular activities will be considered for review.
- Candidates are not required to demonstrate financial need.
- A statement of financial need can be submitted for consideration.
Additional Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must be United States citizens, permanent resident aliens and New York State residents. Those nominated from underrepresented and low-income categories may receive positive consideration as diversity candidates.
- Campuses may consider financial need and economic disadvantage as a diversity indicator, but applicants must also meet a high academic standard as evidenced by GPA and supporting recommendations.
- Student essay (1-2 pages) on the anticipated study abroad goals.
- One faculty or department recommendation letter.