Culinary and Event Center
The following work has been completed or is on-going in the new addition:
- Exterior masonry block work is nearly completed. Brick work is about to start.
- Electrical and mechanical rough-in work continues.
- Kitchen hoods have been delivered.
- New, permanent electric service has been installed by NYSEG.
- Ornamental stairs have been erected.
- Sprinkler pipe “rough-ins” are on-going.
- Rooftop HVAC units will be set this weekend.
The following work has been completed or is on-going in the Carnegie Library itself:
- Interior painting and woodwork refinishing (windows, handrails, trim, etc.) continues.
- HVAC equipment/ductwork has been installed in the attic.
- Audio visual/IT/data “rough ins” are still ongoing.
- Lighting fixture installation has started.
- Exterior building cleaning/restoration is still ongoing.
- Bathroom tile work has begun.
Based on pay applications through April, the project is approximately 68% complete.
Please reference the attached project Contingency Tracking sheet for additional information.
Other Notable On-Campus Design/Construction and Other Activities
- Bids were opened on May 3, 2019, for the Campus Wide Exterior Door project (which includes a number of additional handicapped access doors).
- SUNY Broome Maintenance staff has completed work in the Old Science Building for the relocated Payroll Office, break area, and file storage room.
- Maintenance staff has also completed an office rework for Human Resources.
- The first phase of the Music Department upgrade has been completed (painting, carpeting, LVT installatin and signing upgrades).
- Design plans are being developed for the replacement of the Student Center roof (including a small section of the Decker roof) and for a milling/resurfacing project on College Drive and select parking lots.
- Discussions continue regarding design work for an on-campus generator project and the Decker nursing “rework” project.
If anyone has any questions, please contact David Ligeikis at (607) 765-9710