Faculty and staff tours of the ongoing construction in the new Calice Advanced Manufacturing Center will take place over the next three Thursdays (Dec. 7, 14, and 21) during Common Hour (11 a.m. to noon). If you are interested in a tour, please contact Pati Collins at extension 5007 or at email@example.com
- Preparation for the steel construction will continue this week (material delivery, crane erection, etc.). Steel beams and trusses will be placed/constructed this upcoming Saturday. Steel supports were constructed this past Saturday on the roof of the Business/Mechanical Buildings.
- Electrical installation will continue on the first floor of the new Calice Advanced Manufacturing Center.
- Duct work and placement of heating/cooling units will continue on the second floor.
- Plumbing work continues on the first and second floor bathrooms.
- Structural demolition continues in the basement (in preparation for the elevator installation) and on the first floor (slab demolition).
- First floor framing continues and interior sheet rock installation may begin on the second floor this week, pending inspection of the exterior weatherproofing.