If any of the occupants in the Applied Technology Suite 017 would like their office thoroughly cleaned (floor, furniture wiped down), please contact David Ligeikis at extension 5575 or (607) 765-9710 or at email@example.com
CULINARY AND EVENT CENTER
Based on Payment Applications, the project is approximately 32% complete and on schedule. We expect a Temporary Certificate of Occupancy to be issued in October 2019 and a Final Certificate of Occupancy to be issued in November 2019.
NEW TO THE PROJECT: A Personal Care Room will be constructed in the basement level.
- The basement concrete floor slabs are nearing completion.
- Most of the new windows have been installed.
- Footings have been poured and new walls are being constructed for the addition.
- Plaster remediation and finishing work continues (mock-ups will be evaluated).
- Framing of soffits/walls and selective demolition continues.
- Electrical “rough ins” throughout the building continue.
- HVAC layout and miscellaneous HVAC demo continues.
- Miscellaneous selective wood flooring removals continue.
- Miscellaneous masonry infills are nearly complete (two chimney areas remain).
- Project Scheduling meetings and Construction Review meetings continue to be held on a bi-weekly basis.
NOTABLE ON-CAMPUS DESIGN/CONSTRUCTION AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
Five new custodial workers (first shift) and two new maintenance workers (first shift) were recently hired. We now have eleven custodial workers on first shift and we are experiencing very good results. We thank you for your cooperation and patience with this transition.
New floor matting (which will depict the SUNY Broome college seal) has been ordered for the recently renovated main entrance of the Learning Resource Center (Library).
Installation of restroom privacy partitions campus wide has been completed (FINALLY!).
Renovation work continues in the newly created Cultural Resource Center (Room 106, Old Science Building).
Renovation work is beginning in the new student Digital Lounge (Room 108, Old Science Building).
Work will begin soon on a number of other campus initiatives including:
- Music Rehearsal Room (Campus Services Building)
- Finance Office File Storage (Old Science)
- Custodial Break Room (Old Science)
- Literacy Room (Old Science)
- Applied Technology Boiler Replacements
- Campus-Wide Door Replacements
The entire SUNY Broome Facilities Department would like to wish the entire SUNY Broome family a very healthy, happy and safe holiday season!
As always, if anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact David Ligeikis at 765-9710.