Looking for information specific to the renovation of the Mechanical Building? We now have a dedicated website. Click here periodically for ongoing updates to the project, including the weekly construction update. As always, make sure to follow all signage and safety precautions in affected areas.
- Continuing excavation and installation of the horizontal piping in the geothermal well field.
- Continuing demotion of the exterior curtain wall of the Old Mechanical Building PLEASE NOTE: construction workers are wearing breathing protection (respirators) due to their close proximity to the demolition work (and the dust, debris, etc.). While there is asbestos in the glazing of the windows that are being removed, it is not friable and does not pose a health threat to adjacent buildings or the general college population. As the windows are removed, they are being wrapped and placed in a lined dumpster for disposal.
- Exterior wall construction of the new Calice Advanced Manufacturing Center has begun.
- Excavation and rebar installation for west foundation footer should be completed this week. A concrete pour of the east foundation wall is also scheduled for later this week.
- Select demolition on the second floor of the old Mechanical Building continues.