A “topping off” ceremony will take place Tuesday, May 8, at 10 a.m. at the new south entrance to the Calice Center. The last piece of steel for this project will be signed by SUNY Broome Administration, SUNY Broome board members and Foundation board members before being lifted into place for final installation. Between 8 and 10 am., all SUNY Broome students and staff are invited to stop by and sign the steel beam before the ceremony.
- Installation of metal panels in the interior (south side) of the Connector will begin this week.
- Construction of the east side curtain wall will begin this week.
- Landscaping/sidewalk work continues on the south side of the Calice Center (between Calice and the Natural Science Center). Please be aware of all construction signing, barricades and directives in this area.
- Asbestos tile abatement/removal work continues.
- Sprinkler installation, painting and soffit work continues in the Connector.
- Spring cleanup and landscaping work continues across campus by our facilities staff.
As always, if anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact David Ligeikis at 607 765-9710.