- A “topping off” ceremony will take place next week at 10 a.m. Tuesday, May 8, at the new south entrance to the Calice Center. The last piece of steel for this project will be signed by SUNY Broome Administration and college and Foundation board members before being lifted into place for final installation. Between 8 and 10 a.m., all SUNY Broome students and staff are invited to stop by and sign the steel beam before the ceremony.
- Landscaping/sidewalk work continues on the south side of the Calice Center (between Calice and the Natural Science Center). Please be aware of all construction signing, barricades and directives in this area.
- The remaining asbestos tile abatement/removal work in Calice will be completed this week. Preparation work for the floor finishes will then begin.
- Framing and wiring for the solar panel installation on the Calice roof is nearing completion.
- The lower Calice roof has been replaced.
- Sprinkler installation, painting and soffit work continues in the Connector/Atrium.
- Exterior brick work on Calice has been completed.
- Spring cleanup and landscaping work continues across campus by our Facilities staff.
NOTICE: The fire hydrant on the Wale Loop Road was tested for flow this morning. This may cause some temporary water discoloration in the adjacent buildings.
As always, if anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact David Ligeikis at (607) 765-9710.