SUNY Broome welcomes students on Monday, August 31, for the first day of classes for the Fall 2020 semester.
As of August 28, 2020, 4,188 students are enrolled at SUNY Broome. Enrollment numbers are subject to change during the semester.
Enrollment at a glance:
(Current numbers do not include the Fast Forward program, and enrollment numbers are subject to change during the semester.)
- Of the students enrolled, 70% are full-time students and 30% are part-time.
- According to data compiled earlier Friday, the population includes 1,786 new, first-time students, 2,146 continuing students and 218 non-matriculated students. These numbers will continue to be updated.
- Nearly 61% percent are female and 39% percent are male.
- Approximately 58% percent are from Broome County, 39% percent from another New York State County and 3% percent from out of state.
- Traditional, campus-only students number 49% while 27% students take courses both on campus and online, and 24% are online-only.
- 240 students live on campus in the Student Village. Move-In Day is scheduled for Saturday, August 27 – 30.
The week of August 31 is also Welcome Week, which features a series of virtual and socially distanced events for both residential and commuter students. The events planned will include information booths and virtual sessions, remote presentations to help get students on track for the semester, as well as a variety of fun activities.