SUNY Broome will welcome students on Monday, August 29, for the first day of classes.
As of today, 5,635 students are enrolled. Current numbers do not include the Fast Forward program, and enrollment numbers are subject to change during the semester.
Enrollment at a glance:
- Of the students enrolled, 4,135 are full-time students and 1,500 are part-time.
- According to data compiled earlier Friday, the population includes 1,861 new, first-time students, 2,945 continuing students and 343 non-matriculated students. These numbers will continue to be updated.
- Nearly 57 percent are female and 43 percent are male.
- Approximately 60 percent are from Broome County, 36 percent from another New York State County, 3 percent from out of state and another 1 percent from another country.
- Traditional, campus-only students number 4,301 while 651 students take courses both on campus and online, and 683 are online-only.
- 360 students live on campus in the Student Village. Move-In Day is scheduled for Saturday, August 27.
The week of August 29 is also Welcome Week, which features a series of events for both residential and commuter students. The week will feature information booths and other help to get students on track for the semester as well as a variety of fun activities.
“As a college president, the first day of classes is my second favorite day of the year – the first being Commencement, of course,” President Kevin E. Drumm said. “I would like to welcome our new and returning students, our faculty and staff for another successful academic year. I look forward to seeing all of our students achieve their academic goals, and walk across the stage in May.”